IRDS is composed of teams that specialize in Decision Support Services, Institutional Research, Assessment and Testing, Survey Research, Course Evaluations, Program Evaluation, and Strategic Planning. Many requests will require the expertise of team members working cross functionally across areas and offices.
Institutional Research and Assessment
- Strategic Enrollment Management (Data, Information, Analysis, and Projections)
- University College and Division of Undergraduate Education Assessment
- Undergraduate and Graduate Student Learning and Success (assessment of graduate and undergraduate student performance, and pedagogical, curricular, and programmatic initiatives)
- Transfer students (assessment of student success)
- Entering Student Survey and National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
- Graduation and Retention Reporting
- Academic Performance and Outcomes Reporting (DFWI rates, course completion rates, progress on degree maps)
- Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes
- Assessment of RISE and other High Impact Practices
- Academic Affairs Data and Information Support
- Integration of student, staff, faculty, fiscal, facilities information.
- Strategic Planning (Data Support, Key Performance Indicators, Dashboard Creation)
- Data support for annual reports, compliance reporting, Higher Learning Commission, external ranking requests, publications, and requests from external agencies.
- Institutional rankings updated annually and peer comparisons (this will be a coordinated office responsibility)
- Data to support program reviews, campus accreditation, school and department accreditation (e.g., ABET, ASEE, ABA). This will be a coordinated office function and much of the data for their accrediting bodies are housed within departments.
- Grants (institutional data and applications information support)
- Consultation on decision support services, assessment, survey research, and program evaluation
Survey Research and Evaluation
- Student, Alumni, Faculty, and Staff Surveys (questionnaires, focus groups, interviews)
- Campus Climate for Diversity and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Reporting and Program Evaluation Support
- Program Evaluation
- Program Reviews (this will require a coordinated effort across all offices)
- Administrative Reviews
- Salary Equity Studies
- Faculty Affairs Data and Information Support
- Teaching Activity Reporting
- Human Resources and Staff Data Support
- Office of Equal Opportunity Reporting
- Grants (program evaluation and methodology consultations)
- Consultation on survey research methodology and program evaluation
- The Testing Center's mission is to provide departmental, institutional, and national testing opportunities to students and non-students of the IUPUI community. The Testing Center strives to create an environment which enables examinees to perform to the best of their abilities and to provide opportunities for faculty to increase instructional time with students. To meet this mission, the Testing Center treats all testers in a professional manner, maintains testing and test integrity based upon best practices in security and policies/procedures.
- The Testing Center supports assessment and evaluation initiatives through the collection of data through the administration of course evaluation instruments and the dissemination of that data to support instructional decisions within the IUPUI campus.
- The IUPUI Testing Center adheres to the Professional Standards & Guidelines of the National College Testing Association.