Empower the entire IUPUI community to use data and analytics to make evidence-based decisions that shape IUPUI’s future.
IRDS provides accurate, timely, and actionable data and analytics to support decision making at IUPUI. Using information from this office will allow greater coordination and alignment of activities to achieve maximum effectiveness in regard to IUPUI’s Strategic vision, mission, values, and goals related to the success and learning of our students as well as overall institutional effectiveness. We apply a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion lens to our analytics work and engage in efforts to promote culturally responsive and inclusive institutional analytics and research, institutional effectiveness and assessment practices that take into account the increasingly diverse student, faculty, and staff populations we serve.
Data Integrity, Service and Customer Focus, Collaboration, Diversity and Inclusion, Innovation and Initiative, and Professionalism
The IRDS office facilitates effective institutional decision making at IUPUI by:
- Facilitating access to timely, accurate and actionable data for decision makers and leaders across campus
- Ensuring access to analytical tools and reporting software so that a wide array of IUPUI decision makers are actively involved in turning data into decision-support information
- Accessing, integrating, and leveraging data from multiple domains (student, faculty, staff, financial, human resources, budgeting office, facilities etc.)
- Applying a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion lens to our analytics work and implementing our IRDS DEI Strategic Plan.
- Disseminating data tools and analytics that provide insight into strategic enrollment management and planning activities, the success and learning of students, and institutional performance.
- Creating a data infrastructure that will allow for the creation of dynamic actionable analytics responsive to the needs of and critical questions posed by academic deans, department chairs and other campus of stakeholders about the effectiveness of strategies designed to attract, retain, and promote on-time degree completion of all students (undergraduate, graduate, and professional).
- Assessing and evaluating IUPUI academic and support programs, services, and initiatives to ensure the success and learning of our students and enhanced institutional effectiveness.
- Supporting assessment and evaluation initiatives through the collection of data through the administration of course evaluation instruments and the dissemination of that data to support instructional decisions within the IUPUI campus.
- Building data literacy and analytics capacity across IUPUI so that information exploration, interpretation, and analysis are used to support evidence-based decision making and improve institutional effectiveness.
- Collaborating with all undergraduate, graduate, professional, including the Medical School) and support programs to create a robust suite of analytics and data reports that will lead to quality programs and support evidence-based decision making.
- Creating a website, web-based reports, and dashboards that provide internal and external stakeholders and key campus decision makers with information about Strategic Plan Performance Indicators in a timely, actionable, transparent manner.
- Articulating closely with UITS, UIRR, and USSS in order to deliver new data, information, and analyses to the IUPUI campus. Working with these units is necessary to ensure that data are accessible and manipulable through available tools, and to avoid duplication across Indiana University.
- Providing consultation on analytics, data visualization, assessment, program evaluation, survey research methods, and advanced statistical analysis procedures.
- Providing training and analytics tools that allow decision makers to leverage data and information.