Vision: The office will provide accurate, timely, and actionable information to support decision making at IUPUI. Using information from this office and providing optimal testing environments will allow greater coordination and alignment of activities to achieve maximum effectiveness in regard to IUPUI’s Strategic vision, mission, values, and goals related to the success and learning of our students as well as overall institutional effectiveness. Our vision is to be a national leader in institutional research and decision support in higher education.
Values: Data Integrity, Service and Customer Focus, Collaboration, Diversity and Inclusion, Innovation and Initiative, and Professionalism
Mission: IRDS’s mission is to facilitate effective institutional decision making at IUPUI by:
- Facilitating access to timely, accurate and actionable data for decision makers and leaders across campus
- Ensuring access to analytical tools and reporting software so that a wide array of IUPUI decision makers are actively involved in turning data into decision-support information
- Accessing, integrating, and leveraging data from multiple sources (student, faculty, staff, financial, human resources, budgeting office, facilities etc.)
- Providing analysis, research, and evaluation needed by IUPUI decision makers
- Disseminating data tools and publishing reports that provide insight into strategic enrollment management and planning activities, the success and learning of students, and institutional performance.
- Creating a data infrastructure that will allow for the creation of dynamic actionable reports responsive to the needs of and critical questions posed by academic deans, department chairs and other campus of stakeholders about the effectiveness of strategies designed to attract, retain, and promote on-time degree completion of all students (undergraduate, graduate, and professional).
- Assessing and evaluating IUPUI academic and support programs, services, and initiatives to ensure the success and learning of our students and enhanced institutional effectiveness.
- Providing departmental, institutional, and national testing opportunities to students and non-students of the IUPUI community.
- Striving to provide departmental, institutional, and national testing opportunities to students and non-students of the IUPUI community. Creating an environment which enables examinees to perform to the best of their abilities and to provide opportunities for faculty to increase instructional time with students.
- Treating all testers in a professional manner, maintaining testing and test integrity based upon best practices in security and policies/procedures.
- Supporting assessment and evaluation initiatives through the collection of data through the administration of course evaluation instruments and the dissemination of that data to support instructional decisions within the IUPUI campus.
- Adhering to the Professional Standards & Guidelines of the National College Testing Association.
- Building data literacy, evaluation, and assessment capacity across IUPUI so that information exploration, interpretation, and analysis are used to support evidence-based decision making and improve institutional effectiveness.
- Collaborating with all undergraduate, graduate, professional, including the Medical School) and support programs to create a robust suite of program evaluation and assessment reports that will lead to quality programs and support evidence-based decision making.
- Creating a website, web-based reports, and dashboards that provide internal and external stakeholders and key campus decision makers with information about Strategic Plan Performance Indicators in a timely, actionable, transparent manner.
- Articulating closely with UITS, UIRR, and USSS in order to deliver new data, information, and analyses to the IUPUI campus. Working with these units is necessary to ensure that data are accessible and manipulable through available tools, and to avoid duplication across Indiana University.
- Providing consultation on decision support approaches, data visualization, dashboard creation, assessment, program evaluation, survey research methods, and advanced statistical analysis procedures.
- Providing training and data tools that allow decision makers to leverage data and information.